Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wildcats Forever - Honorary Inductee
What to say? I've tried to post about David more than once. Till now I could never manage to get through it. David and I immediatly hit it off on the boards. We both thought and felt very much the same about many things. He was interested in my music. I had no idea at the time that he was one of the baddest drummers on the planet!!

As our conversations continued , we began to realize hat we in fact knew several of the same musicians personally. One of my greatest pleasures regarding David, was the day that I was able to reconnect him with, " Rook". "Rooks" first name is David also, hence part of the reason he received his nickname. Obviously, Rook was about 10-15 years younger than the other guys. Rooks is currently playing with an Allman. Can play with Tedeschi Trucks any time he chooses. That said, I was able to send him some video from a nearby venue, ( that I have played as well). He was tickled!! I mean, like a young man. He as so excited,thankful, and gracious to me for being able to give him that.

It makes me proud, and my heart soar, that I was able to do that for him! I can sing the absolute shit out of Black Betty. I had always hoped that one day I would have the honor to jam it with him. We spoke of the beach,music,cars,and life's many funny twists. How the world really can seem small sometimes. I'm blabbering, hence why I haven't addressed his passing on here till now. I could go on, but alasit brings tears to my eyes.

He was not simply Wildcats Forever, he as a GREAT CAT!!

Proud of you guys for doing this. It is right and good. Makes me proud to be a small part of such a great group of human beings. Kudos gentleman. I owe each and every one of you a beer. This is hands down the best community of fans in the NFL, or anywhere else, for that matter. Thank you,thank you,thank you.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wildcats Forever - Honorary 2019 Inductee - coachmcneil71 - 02-22-2019, 01:35 AM