Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Stephen Smith on Bengals Coaching Search
Stephen Smith says he isn't saying Marvin Lewis isn't a good coach or Hue Jackson isn't a good coach.  He understands how bad Bengals were when Marvin Lewis came in, he gets that.  Still he says when a coach goes from 2003 to 2018 without winning a play-off game, any other franchise would have fired him 5 years ago.  It sends a message by Bengals owners to the Fans that they are not striving for excellence. That mediocrity is accepted. That the Bengals Fans can just shut up and pay their money no matter how bad the team is.  So Marvin should have been gone a long time ago.  As for Hue Jackson his 3 wins in 3 years at Cleveland does not earn him a head coaching job right away.  Marvin recommended him. To that Stephen Smith says Marvin couldn't win a play-off game, if I'm Bengals owners I don't want to hear a damn thing Marvin has to say about who replaces him.  When asked who Bengals will hire, he said the cheapest person and that is why they are the Bengals.

Now these are Stephen Smith words  on ESPN, not mine.  The video is on internet to watch. This is not an attack on The Fans.  In fact, he is saying Mike Brown needs to do more for the fans than what he is doing, but he doesn't expect much out of Mike Brown.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
ESPN Stephen Smith on Bengals Coaching Search - kevin - 01-07-2019, 05:08 PM