Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Me (Out of the Box) SPECIAL EDITION!!
(01-08-2019, 07:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Dennard had a breakout season in 2017 but took a step back in Austin's zone defense.  The NFL runs more 11 man personnel than any other time in history (Rams ran 11 personnel 80% in 2017). A nickle that can fight through blocks to stop the run, screens, and rubs is huge.

I'm giving Preston Brown another shot because he was playing hurt and how bad Austin's scheme was...he was good in 2016 and 2017. At worse he can fill in as a 2 down base package middle linebacker.

Gio...I like Gio but at this point he really doesn't bring anything to the team. Pulling one of your best players in Mixon on important 3rd down situations is silly. The Bengals need a guy to give Mixon a breather and average 20 touches a game if Mixon is hurt Gio cant.

I have Andre Smith down as a 2 year 6.5 mil contract 4.5 front loaded. The Cardinals signed him at a 2 year 8 mil back loaded (2.5 mil cap hit in 2018, 5.5 mil cap hit in 2019). The NFL is hurting at offensive line depth especially tackle someone will pay him to come stand on the sidelines hopefully its the Bengals.

Finally someone mentions the 1st round WR. As I said in my post AJ Brown fits what I want to do on offense and is a PLAYMAKER. Also AJ Green and Tyler Boyd are both entering contract seasons with no real depth behind him. I'm not writing off John Ross but did not show me anything to make me believe he could replace the production of either of those guys if they leave...behind Ross its Malone, Core, and Tate. Alex Erickson is really the only WR depth and he's a spot player and good return guy at best.

That's the problem, we don't have an offensive coordinator (at least not last year) that is creative enough to use Gio as a weapon as opposed to just a RB.  There's no reason you can't have him on the field with Mixon and create some serious mismatches.

I keep watching the Rams, Chiefs and Saints and keep seeing guys WIDE open.  That's scheme and I can't remember the last time we had guys wide open because of scheme.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mock Me (Out of the Box) SPECIAL EDITION!! - Hammerstripes - 01-16-2019, 02:54 PM