Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So, afer 16 years, what does a total coaching revamp get us??
(01-13-2019, 12:24 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Completely agree.  I've seen a bunch of posts stating it's time for a rebuild.  Good grief we've got good players in their prime.  What better opportunity for a new coach to come in than with a seasoned QB.  It's not like he's prepping a rookie from day 1.  On offense he's got AD, AJ, Boyd, Mixon and hopefully Eifert, Kroft and Uzo again.  Pollack in year 2 with the line and the ability to maybe get some help and the offense is in dang good shape.

Defensively a different story.  I don't expect Taylor to do much here, it's not his wheelhouse.  A good DC coordinator is paramount.  But the HC can bring a different mindset which can also help.

I see no reason why this team can't compete in the AFC North.  I'm not sold on Lamar Jackson like others here.  He will be exposed, the Chargers proved that.  Pitt is Pitt, good but getting old and probably without AB.  The Browns I think are going to be the big dog in the years to come.  So we'll see.  Just my 2 cents... 

IF we plug in 2-3 starting caliber free agents and come up with 2 really solid draft picks...we won't need to rebuild.

Offensive line and LB. We need about 4 new, quality players.

Really we're set at WR, RB, Secondary, and Defensive Line. (We could use another DT...but it's not an urgent need.) And we could be set at QB too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, afer 16 years, what does a total coaching revamp get us?? - THE PISTONS - 01-14-2019, 03:44 PM