Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing currenr situation to 2011 re-build of the defense.
(01-16-2019, 11:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With you 100%.  The offense might need a little more depth because so many guys went down this year, but I hope they don't see the defensive effort against pitt in week 17 as some sign that the defense is "good enough".  They were legendarily bad, but like you, I believe a few key additions can get them right back to playoff caliber defense.  

They need a veteran LB that might cost a bit.  A reliable, speedy LB that can be paired with Vigil in nickel.   They also need to draft one early to be ready to step in and hopefully earn his way on the field.  I love White from LSU.  I would even go as far as drafting another LB in the 4-5 round to look for more quality depth and, hopefully, a diamond in the rough.

I agree with everything you said about our DEs and secondary (maybe a better safety to pair with Bates?) but the DT next to Geno needs addressing as well.  Not sure what to expect of Glasgow coming off significant knee surgery, and Billings isn't a quality starter.  

Free agency will be huge for this defense.  The offense might need to sign one or two of their own TEs, but the defense is the biggest liability.

Here's to hoping we get some impact guys and not just cast-offs.  
Hoping that the mantra "Good Enough" is finally gone from this franchise! 
I think Williams had a very good year at safety, but we should have some young guys like Henderson coming back from injuries that could hopefully step up and maybe allow them to do what the Chargers did against the Ravens. Drop Williams down to LB and get more DBs on the field to cover people or chase down QBs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparing currenr situation to 2011 re-build of the defense. - sandwedge - 01-16-2019, 12:18 PM