Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another change that needs to happen
(01-16-2019, 05:50 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I think you build your core through the draft but you have to bring in some key free agents every few years to get you over the hump. The problem we have is we have a few bad drafts the have hurt the core group and our star players are getting older.

This.  The wfiff on Ogbuehi and Fisher draft forced the Bengals to basically do a re-do this past year, getting the LT and C they needed.  They STILL struggled at RT so that whiff isn't totally off the books just yet.

One thing I hope that would happen by adopting a bit more aggressive stance in FA is that the current players on the roster might sense that they are always fighting for their jobs.  I believe the Pats do this best....always making small upgrades and never overpaying.  They will cut average and bring in slightly above average to improve the position.  

I don't know if I am making any sense, but it seems there are far too many Bengals with jobs that should be afraid of losing their jobs.  The release of Iloka was such a surprise because it seemed so anti-Bengal, but it made the team better. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another change that needs to happen - SHRacerX - 01-17-2019, 09:15 AM