Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breneman finally calling it quits after this season
Probably his most famous rant ever came from a Reds @ Cubs game from April 2008

This happened after Cubs fans started tossing souvenier baseballs onto the field that were being given away at this game. The tossing of the balls on the field came after an Adam Dunn HR an inning earlier.

"See this is the kind of thing quite honestly right now that makes you want to see the Chicago Cubs team lose.
Among all baseball fans and I can't attest to the Yankees or Red Sox because we don't see them with any degree of regularity unless it's interleague play. But far and away the most obnoxious fans in baseball in this league (NL) are those who follow this team right here. They're throwing 15 or 18 balls onto the field. There's absolutely no excuse for that. And that is so typical of Chicago Cubs fans it's unbelieveable"

"You simply root against them. You know I've said all winter they talk about this team winning the division and my comment is they won't win it because at the end of the day they still are the Chicago Cubs. And they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breneman finally calling it quits after this season - QueenCitySouth - 01-19-2019, 12:51 AM