Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ?
(01-17-2019, 02:12 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 1. Relying on a healthy Eifert is just asinine.  
2. Rams very rarely use go routes for their wideouts. Mostly crossing patterns n screens.  I’ve watched them a lot this year since they are on tv here.
3. Ross is Simpson 2.0

1. Hoping he's your third best target is hardly relying on him, and like I said, the Bengals are *hoping*. Dude's snake bit for sure.
2. I just said I felt it was a huge mistake not ever throwing him screen passes, and you reply that the Rams throw a lot of screen passes. Sounds like a good combo to me!
3. Hey, I'll take 700 yards from their #3 WR. Ross is always going to get hammered because of where he was drafted, and yeah, it can be fun to play the whole "they could have had X instead" game, but you can't change it. The Bengals need him to be a good #3 before they worry about him coming a good #1.

Ross didn't exactly do himself any favors last year but it was pretty obvious from Day 1 that the former coaching staff had no clue how to use him. At the very least you'd think if you had a young WR who was struggling that you would try to set up a few plays specifically designed to put him in a position to succeed, but the Bengals never even tried to do that.

That said, if I'm John Ross I'm doing everything I can to work with Andy this offseason to gain some chemistry with him and confidence from him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ? - NKURyan - 01-17-2019, 07:51 PM