Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ?
(01-17-2019, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, it's almost kinda funny.  All of the modern offensive game plans, all of the exotic defensive schemes, it seems like football is so evolved from what it once was.  But, one ageless principle still rings true.  The team that blocks and tackles better than their opponent is going to win the game, most of the time.

Yes. We stunk at both which is a lack of discipline and accountability. How many times have we seen players get excuses from the old regime on why they’re not doing their job, and then come out the next several weeks with the same or worse results? Totally agree with you.

(01-17-2019, 09:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Absolutely. I find it funny that offenses are dumbing down as far as actual plays are concerned, but the sets and motions are becoming more diverse and complex to disguise the simplicity. Yet.....they're more explosive than ever. 

I'm often lost on defense though....lol.

Because of basics. Until the NFL somehow screws that up, that’s football as we know it. As for defense, i know I see it better when at the game than on tv. I haven’t been to a game for a few years because, well, I was tired of donating to failure and status quo.

(01-17-2019, 09:21 PM)Synric Wrote: That's why how to tackle and how to block are the first things we teach kids.

When I was teaching my son, that was the first lesson.

(01-17-2019, 10:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep the basics and we've stunk at the basics of late.

I won’t say 16yrs, but it’s been awhile. Whit and Zeitler leaving killed us. People could rationalize if they wanted how that shouldn’t have effect the whole line, but when you let the leadership Whit had along with the talent walk out the door, things are not going to end well.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New offense under Taylor, whats it look like ? - HarleyDog - 01-17-2019, 10:39 PM