Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Green/Atkins/Dalton's Window Closing......
(01-19-2019, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The windows should always be open, why would they ever close? Steelers have a 35+ year old QB, look to be losing HOF receiver Brown and great running back Bell, but they will survive and win. Pats have a 40+ year QB, old TE Gronk and WR Edelman, they will survive.

If our defense was consistently top 5, I would say the loss of studs to age would worry me, but truth be told these so called great players don't produce an elite unit. AD can play for 10 more years. Green should be goof for 3 to 5 so time to find his replacement.

I'm always amused to read how old 30 is now days. Sure, it's really old if you're talking about a loaf of moldy bread or that last slice of cake in the back of the fridge, but not that old when talking about human beings unless they're all in active combat roles in the military.
We often hear how players are bigger, faster, stronger, etc., but truth be told there really isn't some secret facility where super human football players are bread in petri dishes.. They're just conditioned better and eat better with a bit less exposure to getting hit in practice.
Andy hasn't had to suffer any real significant injuries other than to his hands and AJ has his toe. ACL injuries (Geno) used to be soul crushers, but medical science is leaps and bounds better than in Icky Woods days and pretty mundane stuff anymore. The one guy I suspect will be addicted to pain killers at some point in life is Tyler Eifert with his back, but even he was able to play at a high level until his ankle gave way this year. I wouldn't be that surprised that in 10 years we don't have running backs in their 40s fairly routinely...(well maybe not running backs, but plenty of other positions..)
Anyway, none of these guys are so old that they're anywhere near he age of receiving social security benefits unless they just quit, squander their wealth and apply for disability.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Green/Atkins/Dalton's Window Closing...... - grampahol - 01-19-2019, 03:51 PM