Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC Championship Game: Rams @ Saints Game Day Thread
There's no reason why blatant missed calls can't be reviewed. None.

The only argument I've ever heard even attempt against expanded replay is that the game may take longer. But somehow having the wrong team win and the game ending 5 minutes sooner doesn't seam like a good idea so maybe some people are just morons.

I hope a more blatant wrong call decides the AFC game. I hope a more blatant wrong call decides the Super Bowl. This isn't a "whoa, we could have never seen that coming moment - let's make a change" for the league. The league has had enough cameras and angles to have a central office radio in reversed calls to the refs in a matter of seconds for decades. I'm on the side of saying bad calls are ineptitude and not game fixing conspiracies, but when the league wants the refs' human error to deicide games instead of deferring to undeniable video replay, it really looks like they just want to position themselves to be able to let bad call changes outcomes without the possibility of making obvious corrections.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFC Championship Game: Rams @ Saints Game Day Thread - 6andcounting - 01-20-2019, 10:15 PM