Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals aren't the only team
(01-25-2019, 08:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When literally millions saw what happened and at least three who were closer and get paid to see what happen ignore the penalties , then yes pass the reynolds wrap. 

I don't know if you've ever been on an NFL field and had to make a split second decision but i know i haven't. I have reffed different sports occasionally in my life (a few times) at a much, much lower level and i know how difficult even that can be in real time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for people to use. It makes them infallible. 

I don't know why not one single professional referee in that game didn't throw a flag. I do know that there are plenty of things that could happen in the moment that would allow something like that to happen. Someone wasn't looking where they should have been looking...someone saw it but for whatever reason didn't react. Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't react to something obvious and later, upon reflection, you couldn't explain why you didn't react...but if given the opportunity, you would have done it different or you would do it different next time? I have and i'd bet there are millions of people that have besides me. 

That's my point. Without the hindsight glasses and with the understanding that people are fallible and miss things, there are too many reason why it went wrong without having to interject conspiracy or corruption. When those things are employed, you usually want to do it with less than tens of thousands of people live and millions of people viewing on tv. It tends to make it harder to pull off and easier to uncover. 

You referenced the NBA ref. I'll bet you had no idea, not even the slightest bit of an indication it was going on until it was announced. That's because it was done in a way to avoid being seen. That flies in the face of doing right in the open, blatantly, with millions--including your employers--watching.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals aren't the only team - rfaulk34 - 01-26-2019, 01:37 PM