Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s your take on jack del rio and Brian Callahan?
I like Jack and hope he can help the Defense.
In his most effective DC job he was with the Broncos. He had very good corners and the line generated a lot of pressure. He did have some great players. Champ Baily, Talib, Von Miller. Hopefully he can get the D line to apply more pressure. I think Jackson is fine in man to man coverage and Kirk is average. Bates and Williams with both need to step up their games if he uses the same defensive style. He needs linebacker help to be anywhere near where they were in Denver.
The offense is easier to hope for better results
Oline needs to improve, but I think we will see a few guys show improvement and actually get a chance to play. (Merv showed favorites)
AJ, Boyd and Ross will be fine for the type of offense - we could probably use another speed guy
TE is not used a bunch in LA and that could work fine in Cincy, but Mixon and Gio should be much more involved. I could easily see them on field at same time, with one lined up as a receiver.
The big question is Andy - while he will be fine throwing slants and screens, he needs to be more effective with the deep ball.
Here is to hoping that they get things figured out by the start of 2019-2020 season.
Whodey!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s your take on jack del rio and Brian Callahan? - hotweales - 01-22-2019, 03:52 PM