Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official. Reds add Sonny Gray to Roark & Wood Added.
(01-22-2019, 09:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m luke warm on Gray. I do like that he is looking forward to eating some Skyline and that his fastball hasn’t really dropped off at all. My biggest concern was an article I was reading on CBS pointing out that Gray changed his pitch selection last year, adding a splitter and reducing his fastball 45% to 25% and change-up from 15% to 5%. I work with a former professional pitcher, just a cup of coffee in The Show, Joe Messman. I asked him about the pitching change and he said pitchers will do that when they start feeling some discomfort in their shoulder or elbow. So, biggest concern is damaged goods/ declining athlete.

When he came to the Yankees, I heard all the hype about him being so competitive, and I think he pitched well at Oakland. BUT, I kept waiting for that pitcher to show up, and he NEVER did. Looked like an also ran (though a notch or two above Homer Bailey), but certainly not a top notch starter (or reliever) with the Yankees. Hopefully he finds himself here again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official. Reds add Sonny Gray to Roark & Wood Added. - Bengalsrob - 01-30-2019, 01:22 AM