Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is tearing up the senior bowl
(01-26-2019, 06:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: This really doesn't give a great picture if you're trying to use it to determine how good a receiver is.  If every route had the same chance of success, teams would just run go routes every play.  Part of the reason Boyd has a higher % than AJ is that he was used primarily in the slot running short routes that result in high % throws.  Ross was primarily sent on deep routes to clear things out for guys like Boyd underneath.  It's like saying one basketball player is better than another because he has a higher FG % when he's mostly shooting lay ups and the other guy is mostly shooting 3 pointers.

Nobody is saying Ross doesn't need to improve, but I don't see how anyone can be totally down on a guy with 7 TD catches, either.

Yeah, I'm going to call BS here.  How do you explain Michael Thomas with an incredible 85% catch rate?  He runs all the routes, not just the short ones.  The mere fact that John Ross is dead, freakin', last in catch rate for the entire NFL is enough evidence to show that either he wasn't trying very hard, or he isn't really that good.  Which is it?  Doesn't matter, as neither answer bodes well for a top 10 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone is tearing up the senior bowl - SunsetBengal - 01-26-2019, 06:16 PM