Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escape from Dannemora
I kind of remember when this happened as it wasn't that long ago, but just vaguely. I have a couple of episodes left out of the seven available. I'm not sure if it ends at seven or if shows are still airing.

Anyway I think this is pretty good. The lives of Tilly and her husband are just unbearably bleak looking. Especially in winter. Their existence is just depressing. Tilly's husband is by far the most sympathetic character. As portrayed at least his IQ would be double digits and not begin with a nine. Dull as it seems, he appears quite content with his life when his wife is decent to him. For me, watching this guy is as interesting as the prison escape story.

Tilly is a somewhat sympathetic person. She is also not very intelligent, often not very pleasant, and malleable. In the opening scene which is post escape, her biggest concern is if she's going to lose her job. I found it hard to believe that she was really allowed to dress as she did with her boobs halfway out of her shirt. Unattractive as she is, it's hard to believe a prison would allow that. At one point a guard does tell her to cover herself up.

I find it interesting that in prison escape movies/shows we find ourselves rooting for the prisoners who are generally despicable people. The two escapees are no different. Among other things Matt kidnapped, murdered and dismembered his former boss. Sweat and a couple of his pals shot a cop fifteen times during the commission of a robbery. Sweat is a more likable guy, but you are sitting there rooting for these miserable people to escape. I imagine it's because it's already happened so it's not like we are hoping two current murderers escape, and I know how it ends so....

OK I seem to just be meandering along here so I think it's good and worth a watch.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Escape from Dannemora - michaelsean - 01-24-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Escape from Dannemora - michaelsean - 01-29-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: Escape from Dannemora - michaelsean - 01-31-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Escape from Dannemora - SunsetBengal - 01-31-2019, 08:28 PM
RE: Escape from Dannemora - michaelsean - 01-31-2019, 08:37 PM
RE: Escape from Dannemora - SunsetBengal - 01-31-2019, 09:42 PM
RE: Escape from Dannemora - SunsetBengal - 01-31-2019, 07:45 PM