Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitching Coach From Brewers Brings High Hopes
Elite pitchers have same mechanics for all pitches; which includes same arm angle; leg kick, and similar release points. Problems come in when faced with great hitters, it gets in their heads to do something a little different. Changing of speed of ball requires some work and if the curve ball does not bite and break, it usually will get hit out of the park.

I work with pitchers at the college level. It appears that the mound changes things as well. They swear that they are doing everything the same but are not hitting their spots. Usually it is the release point and slight misstep off the mind in terms of toe point and angle.

I think what the new pitching coach brings to Reds is a new mindset on how to view the Park. It is called a hitter friendly park which even at the MLB level can get in the heads of players. A lot of this improvement will be mental with minor tinker to mechanics. This guy is considered one of the best at getting the most out of the talent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pitching Coach From Brewers Brings High Hopes - psychdoctor - 01-26-2019, 07:19 PM