Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Our new coach shut down in Super Bowl
(02-04-2019, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Goff was in over his head. Much like Belicheck did to Mahomes in the conference title game he confused him. Combine that with the fact Goff got exposed for what a lot of people had thought all year, he's incapable of winning games without a running game to drive PA, and you had the offensive outing we saw. Goff was late on a wide open TD to Cooks that should have had them up late instead they were forced to punt. Cooks drops a TD in the endzone later on the play before Goff throws an INT, that was a beautiful ball in Goff's defense.

In the end most who knew football knew that without a running game they had 0 chance to win this game. Goff can't beat good teams with straight drop backs and reading defenses. In terms of scheme coming over I still feel good because Andy can win games scanning defenses and spreading it around. If we can just pull in some of the concepts to free up more big plays I think we will be in a good position.

Bingo.  Say what you will about Goff having a higher ceiling talent-wise, but Dalton is far and away the better QB right now.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our new coach shut down in Super Bowl - Big Boss - 02-04-2019, 09:15 AM