Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Accountability w/ New Coaches
There's been so much concern around here about all of the youth on the Bengals' staff. People are worried about Taylor's lack of experience, they're worried about Callahan's lack of experience, and we're starting to see the same concern crop up on the defensive side of the ball as well as the DC candidates seem to be skewing younger. And to some extent, I get it - if someone has won the big ones and has been there before, they bring in a certain air of experience that helps to inspire others to follow them. But that said...

Let's hold the players accountable as well. They're professionals. Until the coaching staff starts building an actual resume of failure, these players should be buying in 100% to whatever these coaches are selling, age be damned. Show up, do your job ™, and give the guy a shot. And while others seem like they're trending towards holding these young coaches responsible if there's no buy-in from the players... I'm not of that mindset. If the players aren't going to buy in from the get go, that's on them as much as anybody.

Am I crazy for thinking this? Because I read some of these concerns people have about him taking charge of the locker room and I start to wonder...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Player Accountability w/ New Coaches - NKURyan - 02-07-2019, 08:00 PM