Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't Housh on the Bengals staff?
(02-14-2019, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sorry to hear that, playing guitar is what keeps the arthritis in my fingers at bay.... and, I'm left handed too, (but I play right handed).

Thanks.  Much appreciated. 

It's not my fingers.  It's my right elbow and shoulder.  If I play for ten minutes, the way the right hand is twisted on the strings, first, my whole arm goes numb and then it starts to throb.

Too much jackhammer, pounding steel stakes with a hammer for so many years, bull floats, mag floats, steel trowels, etc. 

Turns out, the women in my life were right all along about using my degree to make a living instead of my hands. 

You made the right choice playing righty.  At least you never had to pay 20-30% more for a guitar like I did.

The first electric I had was a right handed Danelectro 59M that I switched the strings on and played upside down.  It was a cool little guitar, with a twangy Telecaster kind of sound.  Problem was, when I strummed the strings, my left forearm would run across the knobs and turn them up and down. 

So, after a lot of bargaining, which included putting a room addition on the house in my "spare time," I was allowed to go buy  a lefty American Strat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why isn't Housh on the Bengals staff? - McC - 02-14-2019, 10:32 AM