Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes On The Steelers In Relation To Us
It's never too early to start thinking about the Steelers, so figured I'd make some notes on how they looked in relation to how we'll play them while it's relatively fresh in my mind.

1.) Their pass protection looked horrible. Pats only rushed four most of the game and still seemed to get pressure. Atkins should kill their line on his own, but MJ, Dunlap, and company should cause them a lot of problems. I wouldn't even be opposed to bringing a 5th guy just to make sure that we can bring Ben down.

2.) Pats corners are garbage, so Brown had his way, but we need to get pressure on Ben, double Brown, and not let him get open, especially not deep, which pressure on Ben should help prevent that.

3.) We need Eifert and Kroft on the field at the same time and we need to go there way a lot. Steelers looked horrible covering the Pats' tight ends up the seams (and even out wide).

4.) We need to give Hill the ball early and often. Lewis was a shifty runner and dominated, so I think that Hill's downhill style dominates even more.

5.) Need to hit Hill out of the backfield in the passing game and even Gio if we use him on passing downs. They seemed to struggle there.

6.) Steelers run game looked solid, we need to sell-out to stop Bell, who will be even better than Williams. Attack on our opening drives and make them count, forcing them to play from behind and not being able to run the ball because we'll control the clock with Hill is very important. I don't want to try and go blow-for-blow with them and win that way because their offense looks like they'll be too good. Attack early and then grind them out (but don't be so predictable that it's Hill on a dive every play).

7.) Need to limit turnovers, especially fumbles. When Hill gets to the second level, he needs to wrap up because Mike Mitchell, who's a punk, seems to love stripping the ball and seems pretty good at it.

I'm sure I'll think of more and I might even re-watch the game just to re-fresh my memory, but does anyone have any other notes?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Notes On The Steelers In Relation To Us - BFritz21 - 09-12-2015, 06:16 PM