Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-19-2019, 10:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I deleted that part becuase I felt it was no necessary.

I want you to actually listen to what I am saying instead of just getting defensive and shutting down.
I do but you so often throw out false information and/or change your mind because you realize that you were just posting with rhetoric that had no substance in an attempt to bash me.
(02-19-2019, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you do.  You say they are selfish.  You say they are weak because they "take the easy way out".

Seriously, Brad, if you don't realize that calling someone selfish is an insult you need some help.
Killing themself and causing their family and friends pain, rather than facing life, is not selfish?

Killing themself rather than taking on life's problems is not taking the easy way out?  I realize that it's not an easy decision, but they wouldn't do it if it wasn't the easy way out. 
(02-19-2019, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It would be for me.  I know they would be sad without me, but if they would be better off in the long run then I would make the sacrifice.   This is especially true with old people who are sick or feeble and no they are not going to get any better.  They know they are not going to live forever, and if they are a burden to theiir family then they may end their life to relieve loved ones of a burden.

I guess some people are just bothered more by being a burden to others.  I know it would drive me crazy.  I would feel terrible every day knowing I was holding back my loved ones.  I would not be ableto stand it.

It would be FOR YOU, which goes back to it being selfish.  Deciding that curing your guilt is more important than their sadness is selfish.

Also, I'm obviously not talking about elderly people in my presentation, so, once again, you're taking the debate out-of-context to argue something that has no real base.

(02-19-2019, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sherry Clifton was the Grainger County Court clerk for several years when I worked there.  Her husband struggled with depression and finally killed himself about 5 years ago.  Of course she was upset at the time, but now she is re-married and happy.  She no longer has to deal with a mentally ill husband.

You may think that the world will stop spinning when you die and that your family will mourn every day for the rest of their lives, but that is not how it works.  People move on.  They still miss deceased loved ones, but they keep on living their lives and find happiness.

As I said before there are way too many teenagers who kill themselves over something other than being a burden or having clinical depression.  We need to get the message to them that suicide is not the answer.  But we can't do that just by insulting people who kill themselves.  

Being happy now doesn't mean that it wasn't selfish at the time.  Was his being depressed enough of a reason to deal with all the pain it brought her?

She's happy now, but how do you know that she wouldn't have been happier if he were still alive?

The example I provided earlier:

Quote:Take for instance my friend, Kevin Martella: anyone in Greater Cincinnati might remember when his dad was found guilty of stealing $100,000 worth of cigarettes and then killed himself to avoid the consequences.  That is taking the easy way out, rather than dealing with your problems.  His son, my friend, later killed himself, which further proves how selfish it was for his old man to kill himself.

You don't think that was selfish of his old man to kill himself and cause his family and friends that much pain, which later caused his son to kill himself, causing more friends and family pain?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - BFritz21 - 02-19-2019, 03:43 PM