Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster?
It's tough to proclaim he'll be able to attract FA's since apparently free agency is heading the way of the dinosaurs or at least in MLB. Suffice it to say that both leagues tend to copy each other when it comes to how they spend money or not. My gut instinct is to think big money free agency is on it's way out since teams and leagues now often use algorithms to determine player's value and longevity .. Someone along the way found out that all those stats that have been compiled over the years are far more valuable than anyone thought and there will be a lot less signings because of gut feelings and a lot more of relying on the stats that have been compiled over many years and many games. 
I have to believe the days of over paying players based on their last season is coming to a close. How this plays out in Cincinnati is anyone's guess, but I suspect they're not going to rely on gut instincts much anymore. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster? - grampahol - 02-20-2019, 04:52 PM