Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster?
(02-20-2019, 05:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The scouts now really won't matter because everyone knows about the big name college players and they're well-evaluated and all over TV and on websites.  Where teams win the draft is in the mid-to-late rounds where you find sleepers and small school guys, which is what Mike Brown didn't/doesn't understand.

I will say that it is easier to find sleepers and late round players now with the internet and all the scouting sites, but do we even have enough people to be looking at that and scouting the few pro days we can and making college visits?

On the topic, I think they'll be on the same page because I think that Mike Brown is going to tell Tobin that "this is Taylor's team, so give him what he wants."

Also, without a DC at the moment, it's going to be hard for Taylor and Tobin to even know what kind of defenders that they'll need.

Yes technology has changed things, this is an old argument Pistons keeps using.

What he is saying about not having enough scouts was true in the past when you didn't have all this access, nowadays it is different with all the film nearly anyone can access. Don't have to be at games or even at the Combine except for the interviewing process.

One can argue that now it is much easier to scout players.

BTW Brad, Lou Anarumo is our new DC if you didn't know it yet and i like the guy.

Will be better than Austin that is for sure.

(02-21-2019, 08:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: You may be on to something. The internet allows most fans to evaluate many more players than back in the old days when we just didn't really have access to the likes of players like Kenny Anderson and others. Did anyone even know of Augustana College before Kenny? It ain't rocket science and I'm not particularly sold on the notion that a team MUST have a huge scouting staff to find good players outside of the big conferences.. Now it's a matter of a few clicks with a mouse to find players from small schools much less the schools themselves.. 

He is on to something. The film is everywhere on these players and not hard to find.

I don't think scouting is our problem, coaching has been the problem. Need to coach these players up once you get them.

So happy we finally moved on from the problem, hope Zac and company can coach up our players better than Marv and co did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Tobin and Taylor be able to be on the same page with roster? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-24-2019, 06:22 PM