Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes a hotline just isn’t enough
My wife attempted suicide the day before Valentine’s Day. She was drinking, took about 25 hydroxyzine and slit her wrists. She drank so much alcohol the hospital said her blood alcohol level was a 103. Luckily she was too drunk to do too much damage to her wrists.

This wasn’t a sudden instance. It’s been a rough 4 years; her sister passed away back in 2015, and she was the medical surrogate and because of that she never really had time to grieve or process what had happened. She was alao diagnosed with PTSD due to it. Her grandma on both sides had passed away last year as well. Work was Work, it had its usual stressers and shit to deal with that just added to everything. That all came to a head when we had to take one of it cats to the vet and found out he has diabetes and the beginning stages of heart failure due to fluid around his heart and also his lungs and abdomen.

When the emergency vet called and told us that, and suggested we probably put him down (we didn’t, haven’t, and won’t) that was the straw that broke the camel’s back per se. She told me to leave and go over to my parents and let them know what was going on. I didn’t teally want to, but she convinced me to do it after she asked for her medicine because it was late and she wanted to go to bed.

I come back and she’s listening to classical, dancing around the room with a cat toy in one hand and a bottle of sake in the other. I get her to stop dancing and she starts getting hysterical, collapses and passes out for a few seconds. She mentions that she took medicine but won’t tell me how much until after ten minutes when she tells me she took 25 of her anxiety pills on top of her usual nighttime medicine. So I’m freaking out, in shock, mind completely blank and not really sure what to do. She finally is able to tell me to call poison control and I do, followed by an ambulance to get her to the hospital.

She spent 2 nights in a hospital and about 5 nights in a mental health facility. I say all that to say this; while a suicide hotline is there and helpful, when someone wants to kill them selves they might not think about it, so it’s alwaya helpful to be there and ask questions before hand so it doesn’t get to that point
People suck
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes a hotline just isn’t enough - Griever - 02-23-2019, 06:46 PM