Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 1
(09-14-2015, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree that it wasn't "close".

Woulda/coulda/shoulda...two missed field goals and dropped, wide open TD pass.  The offense did OK without Bell.  The "D" had a couple blown coverages but Brady will pick you apart no matter what.

Not to say the Steelers were going to win but it was close.

It was close in a sense, but so was the Packers @ Bears game and I doubt Packers fans were sweating at all.  It's one thing to be behind by a score, but another when you are behind by a score to a team that gets the better of you the vast majority of the time.  Both cases the Bears and Steelers would claw their way down the field for a score and then the Packers and Patriots would score in no time without much effort.  Rinse and repeat until Cutler and Ben threw crippling INTs on what COULDA BEEN the game-tying drive and you have a "close game" that we've seen before.

Perhaps I'm misremembering the past, but it seemed like winning the game with a final drive was one of Big Ben's trademarks (I used to get so annoyed as Steeler fans would cry "poor us" when I knew damn well they were going to win in the end), but it seems like the late-game heroics aren't quite what they used to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most impressive AFCN teams Week 1 - Nately120 - 09-17-2015, 03:48 PM