Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridiculous "needs" mock....
(03-12-2019, 02:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see why the huge knocks on Dillard.
Pass pro is his forte, run blocking can be learned. usually a lot of these guys come in and it is Pass Blocking needs to be learned.
I would love to get Dillard if (Jonah is not there) and David Edwards for LT and RT. Lindstrom would just be icing on the cake.

Generally speaking, it's easier to teach a guy who's good at run blocking good enough technique to be a decent pass blocker than it is to get a finesse T to have the will and power to be a decent run blocker.

Dillard will probably be all over the boards of different teams.  Some teams will have him as T #1-2 and others may have him #5-6.  If he goes to a zone blocking team, he can probably start year 1.  He's going to be too much of a liability in the run game in a man scheme to start immediately.  He'll need at least a year in the weight room.

For the Bengals, I don't see him as a fit, at least not at #11.  When you hear our OL coach talk about the traits he's looking for, Dillard is about the exact opposite.  The Bengals are probably looking more at big, nasty guys like Ford, Cajuste, McGary, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ridiculous "needs" mock.... - Whatever - 03-20-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Ridiculous "needs" mock.... - pledgi - 03-15-2019, 03:10 AM
RE: Ridiculous "needs" mock.... - OSUfan - 03-20-2019, 03:50 PM