Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Place You Have Ever Traveled To
As a youngin I hitch hiked pretty extensively throughout the US, the Western states mostly. My all time favorite spot from back them was the Ravalli Valley of Montana back before the gazillionaires bought up all the land for their private "ranches"..  One of my favorite runs through the west was traveling along the continental divide from Montana, through AZ and another through Utah from SLC down into (Can't remember the town now) the southern most part via US89.. Absolutely stunning scenery..  The Grand Canyon was kind of cool. The first peek over the edge pretty much sucked my breath away.. It makes you feel like it's going to suck you right over the first few moments till you get used to it.  Big Sur in California was nice for the first few hundred miles or so.. My LEAST favorite time out west was hitch hiking into the teeth of a blizzard.. For some stupid reason or another it seemed like a good idea at the time, but almost freezing to death kind of ruined it..  Despite all the claims otherwise nearly freezing to death isn't as romantic as it sounds..nor is standing on the side of the road in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere with wild dogs in the general vicinity. Sad 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite Place You Have Ever Traveled To - grampahol - 03-16-2019, 05:32 AM