Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Bengals make the SB would you go?
I've had this debate with some of my buddies for a while now. As much as I love being at the games I think a Bengals SB would be just too crazy for me and not a good experience for a few reasons:

1. Unless you win the SB ticket lottery to sit anywhere with a good view (somewhere close the 30-50 yard line and not in the nosebleeds) you're going to have to mortgage your house and your wife is going to leave you.

2. There's so much fluff and non "real fans" at the game, i.e. businessmen, celebrities, just folks with too much money on their hands, etc. I feel like it would be just a weird situation when you're a die hard fan and some folks would be there just watching or casually rooting for a team just for that game. That said if the Bengals weren't playing I actually think a SB experience could be cool, if you could get a free ticket.

3. Even if you did go it would be really hard to go with more than a few people, when the Bengals go I want to be able to share that excitement with ALL my friends/family with everyone super invested in the game. The last time they were in the SB I was 8 years old and my dad had a SB/Bday party for me with all friends and family. P.S. Joe Montana ruined my childhood, worst day ever for me but I digress...

4. Lastly, the TV angles and quality of TV is so high now that you could see every play happen and not miss a thing. Now this is true for every game but especially with the SB I wouldn't want miss ANYTHING. This is the game to win it all and unless your the Pats is a blessing to be at and a rare occasion.

So question is, would you try and go just to be there or would you watch where you can see everything with all your family/friends?

P.S. I do have a pack with one buddy that no matter where the AFC Championship game is we are going when the Bengals make it, the stadium should be filled with real fans of both teams and a more "pure" experience IMO. Also might only have to sell one-kidney to get decent tickets for that game. Wink
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
When the Bengals make the SB would you go? - WestCoastBengalsFan - 03-09-2019, 05:26 PM