Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren't the '90 Reds one of the all time greatest teams?
(03-09-2019, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: They weren't exactly loaded with stars. They had a few stars and a bunch of good players but nothing that overwhelms. One guy in the HOF. One.

They went wire to wire in first and went on to sweep the Mighty A's.

Twenty five homers led the team. Eight six RBI's led the team. As a team, they hit 125 homers. Team batting average of .265.

They had one fifteen game winner, one fourteen game winner and one twelve game winner.

Granted, they had the Nasty Boys. But does having dominant bullpen make you dominant?

The point is, they were the epitome of a winning as a team. Yet. they get no love in the all time conversation. I think that is nothing short of a travesty.

Baseball values numbers and statistics like no other sport. You pretty much answered your own question in your post. Having said that... They did donkey punch Oakland in the World Series.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why aren't the '90 Reds one of the all time greatest teams? - jason - 03-10-2019, 01:47 PM