Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren't the '90 Reds one of the all time greatest teams?
(03-10-2019, 05:19 AM)McC Wrote: Exactly.  They won what they shouldn't have.  They won as a team.  It was an incredible achievement.  It's one of the all time great SEASONS by a team.  But it gets no respect.  It's bullshit.  How come overachieving doesn't matter? 

WIRE TO WIRE.  How many teams have done that?  FIVE.  In a hundred and fifty years.

When they talk all time great teams they talk about the '27 Yankees, for instance.  They don't talk about the '25 through '30 Yankees, do they?  I didn't say anything about dynasties, which is what you're talking about.
They were actually talking about the A’s possibly sweeping the Reds beforehand. I kinda think that the whole steroid, bash brothers thing made some people sour on the accomplishment. I think that it’s pretty cool to see an underdog win the series. I think it was more of a special season instead of a special team, historically anyways.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why aren't the '90 Reds one of the all time greatest teams? - Circleville Guy - 03-11-2019, 02:19 AM