Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North
(03-14-2019, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a smart guy.  I see what you are saying, and you are wrong.  Teams that people see as wanting to "win now" frontload contracts in order to bring in the best talent right away.  

And please pause for a moment and think about what you just said.  Mike Brown likes to "cry poor" so he spends MORE.  You are basically trying to prove that Mike Brown is cheap by showing how much MORE he spends.  That is the most twisted logic I have ever seen.

I probably left out some wording and you are probably being a little intentionally obtuse. By giving Bobby ***** Hart $7.4m this year, that's less that he has to spend on better players and can cry poor by saying we're out of cap space. I probably should've said we pay the wrong players too much, but I kind of thought that would be a given. That's my fault for not saying that.

And no, I'm not wrong. Overpaying garbage players, oversaving for injuries, oversaving for draft picks, and rolling significant money over every year (around $10m) does not show he's a willing spender.

So one more time, by paying player A $10m year 1 by frontloading instead of paying less to be able to bring more people in is how Mike Brown gets away with not using free agency to help improve the team. I know you know it and I know you get it. I also know you love to argue. Frontloading isn't always bad. I've already said that. However, overpaying someone like Hart or Webb in Year 1 is an easy way to make THIS season's cap space dwindle while doing little of substance to improve the team and then having Hobson tell everyone the money is already gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North - muskiesfan - 03-19-2019, 09:30 PM