Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we just take a step back and look at the roster?
(03-18-2019, 01:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Then how do you explain bringing back a coach from a losing season after so many chances? That sold it for me. There's no spinning that any other way than he's good enough to win, but not good enough to win it all. And they were fine with that. Anywhoo, hopefully I'm wrong and change is in order. I've said before and will say it again...i've been wrong many times in my life and I'm man enough to admit it. Hopefully this is yet another case of that  ThumbsUp

I'm trying to put myself in the minds of the FO...
Marvin's crew went to the playoffs in 2005, 2009, and 2011-2015. That's 7 out of 16 seasons (43%). In the FO's minds, Marvin has shown he can get his team to the playoffs on a recurring basis. Given the frequency of success of getting to the playoffs, Mike Brown and co. was giving Marvin a chance to right the ship again.

Look at it this way...Mike saw how often Marvin was able to get the team into the playoffs, especially in the past decade. He felt more comfortable and less risk to see if Marvin could do it again vs bringing in someone brand new.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we just take a step back and look at the roster? - ochocincos - 03-18-2019, 01:56 PM