Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have clearer picture of the Bengals draft picture?
The draft in 2019 will reveal Taylor's vision for the team.

If the Bengals draft Hockenson TE at 11, then it means they will pound the rock and use short-intermediate low risk pass plays to keep offense rolling. They will wear defenses down, keep the ball, and as a result keep opposing offenses off the field. They could run 3 TE sets to help the O-Line and feature Mixon. They will still need a back-up QB and two backers.

If the Bengals draft Wilkins DT, then it means they have decided to improve defense front and will likely grab a backer fairly early and one later rounds. They would still need to grab an OT and another TE. Still will need back-up QB.

If the Bengals draft Murray, Haskins at 11, then a full rebuild will occur and I could see them trading Dalton at the end of the year. They may be able to grab Risner or another high quality OT, and an adequate backer. This scenario could be a disaster IMO. But if Murray is there, (I don't like him personally), he would create a buzz and would be the QB of the future.

If the Bengals draft White LB at 11, it gives them an option to possibly draft QB Jones in round two or QB Stidham in round 3. They could still grab an OT in Round 2 (if they go with Stidham) which would help, and they could still draft TE and another backer in mid rounds that could have an impact.

If the Bengals draft the BPA at OT at 11, they could still draft the BPA at backer in round two and maybe TE or Guard/Center in round 3. They could still grab a talented backer on day 3 but the LB core will remain a question mark. They would have to settle for mid-tier QB like Grier, Finley, Jackson.

Team needs 2 LBs, QB, TE (even with Eifert signing), and OT.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we have clearer picture of the Bengals draft picture? - psychdoctor - 03-16-2019, 07:31 PM