Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula for Constructing a Team to Win in Current NFL
So we know that rule changes favor offense. We see that college has went pass happy and the NFL seems to be following. So what kind of roster wins?

I'd say:

Offense:
QB - You need a QB who can spread the ball around well. I'm not going to say that you need a Top 5 QB to win, but you need a guy who doesn't make a lot of mistakes and turn the ball over. Ideally on a rookie contract, but that's tough. That gives you more money to spend at other positions.

RB - A versatile guy who can run for 1000 yards but is also a receiving threat is important. You need a decent young back backing this guy up.

TE - A TE has to block, but also being somewhat of a receiving threat is key. I'd say a guy like Jesse James from Pittsburgh embodies this.

WR - You need a good #1 WR, then 2-3 above average guys that can catch the ball besides him. The #1 would get doubled, then the ball needs spread around besides that.

OL - You need an oline that can pass block 1st and foremost. You don't need elite guys, but you need above average. You may be able to get by with 1 subpar guy, but you definitely can't with 2+.

Defense -
DLine - You need a DLine that can generate pressure. Sacks and splash plays are key. Force turnovers.

LB - You need light, fast guys that can run and cover. Sure tacklers also.

Secondary - You need speedy guys that can cover and generate Turnovers. You're not going to totally stop teams in the NFL...so you have to generate turnovers and big plays that way.

Thoughts? Additions? Anything you disagree with?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Formula for Constructing a Team to Win in Current NFL - THE PISTONS - 03-17-2019, 12:50 PM