Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson called a fantastic game.
Lost in the amazing play of Eifert, Dalton and Co is the play calling of Hue. On these boards we have long been moaning about how the offensive play calling isn't quite right. In the past it hasn't made the best of Dalton's abilities. Yesterday however we saw what we have all been asking for.

The formations were creative. We had line shifts, Whitworth in the slot, stacked receivers and play calling that didn't ask anyone to do too much. In fact I loved the fact Hue enabled short passes to become big plays by clever formations. My favourite was on the Sanu 28 yarder linked below, Whiworth mauled his man.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000529395/Bengals-Andy-Daltons-finds-Mohamad-Sanu-for-28-yards

By this point we know Dalton isn't a 'grab the game by the scruff of the neck' QB. So I think it was very important to see Hue be varied and complex not letting the game become to static and predictable. Winning the first game of the season is always important for a number of reasons and yesterday was great. Hope Hue and the team keep this up! WHO DEY!

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Hue Jackson called a fantastic game. - BritishBengal - 09-14-2015, 07:05 AM