Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at Near End of Spring Training
Reds have one Spring Training Game left. The Reds did not play well in Spring Training. They got beat a lot. The Pitching got lit up a lot. Votto and Winker stunk it up, as did Barnhart. The worst was injury to Scooter Gennett and out 2 to 3 months. New Reds pitchers Wood and Gray have battled injuries. To top it off Senzel just got injured in the Minors.

The good news is Spring Training doesn't count. Just like Preseason Football.

It looks like Peraza will move from SS to 2nd in place of Gennett to start season.

Reds upsides are adding Puig and Kemp from Dodgers who won National League last 2 years. Very possible 70 RBI's or more from each one. If Suarez, Schebler and Votto also have 70 RBI's or more each, and Reds have 5 guys with 70 RBI's, and get Gennett back, the hitting is there. Pitching is still in question. I think adding some vets starts them off better than they have been. There are no stand out stars here, but Reds had play-off season in 1999 with Neagle and Harnish added, neither of them stars.

So the hope is Reds starters can go deeper into games, eat innings, and not have Reds behind early every single game like last few years. At least give the hitters and bullpen a chance to get a win.

Spring Training was a reality check that Reds may still be awful, but I'm hoping the new manager, coaches, players get off to a good start in Regular Season and team improves and hits it's stride on a play-off run this year. GO REDS 2019.

What could be HUGE would be if either Puig or Kemp come over and give Reds a MVP type season as Dave Parker once did. If one of them had a huge All-Star season, Reds hitting could be tough. If both Puig and Kemp return to All-Star form, this will be fun. If also Roark, Wood and Gray have good seasons and Castillo does also, Play-Offs possible. It would help Reds greatly if Dodger trade turns out like Astros trade of 1972. Dodgers have been winning National League, so I'm still excited about getting all these Dodgers.

I'm also excited about Bell Family input and Brewers pitching coach now with Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look at Near End of Spring Training - kevin - 03-26-2019, 02:00 AM