Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Pick Simulator No Trade in the first round Mock
Well if you looked over my first mock in the simulator you would see that I traded back in the first round. In this mock I stayed with the 11th selection and this is what we got...…..

Round 1 - 11th Selection:

Devin White - 6'0" 237 - LB - LSU:

I would think that the majority would agree that coverage by our LBs has been a huge issue. With the release of Burfict it would appear that we are looking to revamp this LB corp and this would be a huge way to start. Can run with any TE or RB. Still learning the position as a converted RB but has shown to be a willing student.

If this coaching staff can get Jefferson up to speed as well then we could see the forming of an outstanding LB corp.

Round 2 - 10th Selection:

Jeffery Simmons - 6'3" 301 - DT - Mississippi State:

I struggled with this selection because of the 2016 incident he was involved in. The reports are that he has been a great team mate and trouble free since this incident so it is with caution that I made this selection. The kid is absolutely a disruptive force on the interior DL. If not for the 2016 incident then we are probably talking about a top 10 selection.  At this point given being trouble free for 2 years it is a gamble worth taking.

Round 3 - 8th Selection:

Trey Adams - 6'7" 327 - OT - Washington:

I struggled with this selection as well due to the injury history of Adams. However, the reports are that he is 100% medically cleared. The kid is a monster that could be plug and play at RT and someone that could easily slide to LT in the future or if there is an injury to Glen. Given the history of Glen a nice luxury to have.

Round 4 - 15th Selection:

Was not in love with any selection available and had an offer to trade with Atlanta and acquire another selection in the 5th.

Garrett Bradbury - 6'3" 306 - G/C - N.C. State:

Exceptional talent to be available at this point in the draft and would be shocked if he is actually there. However, if he is sprint to the podium. If he beats Price out at Center then Price is an outstanding OG. If Price keeps his spot then Bradbury is an outstanding OG as well. This would be huge in solidifying the interior OL.

Round 5 - 11th Selection:

Tyree Jackson - 6'7" 249 - QB - Buffalo:

Not a selection I make in previous years but with Taylor and Callahan in the house it is a gamble I take. Can these two young offensive minds harness and refine the raw talent in this kids right arm?

Round 5 - 14th Selection:

Max Crosby - 6'5" 255 - DE - E. Michigan:

A small school edge player that checks most of the boxes you are looking for in a pass rusher. Will probably need a season in an NFL weight room before he is more than a situational rusher but has the frame to put on some bulk and keep his quickness.

Round 6 - 10th Selection:

Emanuel Hall - 6'2" 201 - WR - Missouri:

This kid can take the top off of a defense. Needs to learn more of the route tree but great athleticism and burst. Can never have too many weapons and this kid could end up being a gem.

Round 6 - 25th Selection:

Sean Bunting - 6'0" 195 - CB - C. Michigan:

Good size and length for the position. Very good football speed. When you watch tape you see a kid with good ball skills that plays the ball and not the receiver. Crazy low completion % against him in 2018 (39%). Small school kid that could really blossom under NFL coaching,

Round 6 - 37th Selection:

Dontavius Russell - 6'3" 319 - DT - Auburn:

Just a solid football player. Needs to play with lower bad level but a very solid rotational candidate. Eats up blocks and stops the run.

Round 6 - 38th Selection:

Isaiah Johnson - 6'2" 208 - CB - Houston:

Size, speed, and length......all those boxes checked. Played as a press corner at the collegiate level. Needs some coaching to clean up some technique issues however his first two collegiate seasons were as a receiver so it would appear that he takes instruction well and should be able to continue to improve with more coaching.

Round 7 - 9th Selection:

Travis Homer - 5'10" 201 - RB - Miami:

He replaced Walton at Miami and will get to replace him in Cincinnati given the offseason issues of Walton. Homer is a solid all around back and excels in pass protection. More of an edge runner but also runs bigger than his size inside. Experienced punt team gunner as well so should find an early role on special teams.

There you have it. Honestly not sure which draft I like better. There is definitely are some more high risk selections here but they also carry huge upside especially if Trey Adams remains healthy. Could be the immediate RT and future franchise LT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
First Pick Simulator No Trade in the first round Mock - OSUfan - 03-19-2019, 10:43 PM