Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Pick Simulator No Trade in the first round Mock
(03-22-2019, 12:48 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well given that I had a draft with a player returning to school I redrafted with the same criteria of staying put in the first even as much as I would love to see them trade back in most scenarios this year. Well, let me tell you the draft ended up WAY different than I anticipated. The first two selections I do not see being there with our picks but Lord have mercy if they are. This draft would put a smile on my face that you could not smack off of it!

So here it is...

1st Round - 11th Selection:

Josh Allen - 6'5" 262 - DE - Kentucky:

I could not get this selection in fast enough. Allen could end up being a better pass rusher than Nick Bosa when things are said and done and yes that is coming from a huge Buckeyes fan. Winner of the Bednarik and Nagurski awards. Elite speed and a frame that can add mass without losing that speed. Ability to drop into coverage as well. This kid is only going to get bigger and stronger!

2nd Round - 10th Selection:

T.J. Hockenson - 6'5" 251 - TE - Iowa:

What do you give the two young offensive minds of Taylor and Callahan? Shiny new toys to play with. Hockenson looks like he may end up being better than a 100% healthy Eifert. Do I dare mention him in the same sentence as Kelce? John Mackey Award winner. Already a good blocker on the line and a matchup nightmare as a receiver. If he is still here by some chance Run to the podium!

3rd Round - 8th Selection:

Dalton Risner - 6'5" 312 - OT- Kansas State:

I believe Risner is plug and play from day 1 at RT but if he continues to develop his game as he has shown could rather easily slide to LT if Glen is injured or moves on. Risner is ultra consistent and when you watch film on him you see the same player on virtually every play from scrimmage. Does not show much up and down in effort or technique. Just a good solid OT prospect that I would be thrilled to land at this point in the draft.

4th Round - 8th Selection:

Michael Deiter - 6'5" 309 - G/C - Wisconsin:

Deiter , an Ohio native, is a very consistent interior OL prospect. Capable of playing any interior line position. Will not wow you with athleticism but as with most Wisconsin OL prospects is well coached and uses very sound technique. Played in a Pro style rushing attack at Wisconsin. 2nd team All American with LT experience as well. I think in Deiter you have a guy that could step into either OT position in an emergency as well.

5th Round - 11th Selection:

Jamel Dean - 6'1" 206 - CB - Auburn;

Multiple knee injuries is the only reason you find Dean available outside of the 2nd round. Excellent size, speed, length combination. Not scheme dependent. Needs to clean up hands but that should come with NFL coaching. Good ball skills and seems to contest every ball thrown in his direction. As long as he stays healthy he could be a elite boundary CB.

6th Round - 10th Selection:

Emanuel Hall - 6'2" 201 - WR - Missouri:

Flat has the ability to take the top off of a defense! What he is going to have to prove is that he has the ability to run the entire route tree at the NFL level. Another shiny new toy for these two young minds to play with. Has the quickness and ability to separate on shorter routes but is going to have to do it with more consistency.

6th Round - 25th Selection:

Greg Gaines - 6'1" 312 - DT - Washington:

Would have liked to have had an interior DL prior to now but value has not been there with what else was on the board. With Gaines you get a high motor extremely strong at the point of contact run stuffing brute. May not offer a lot in the pass rush department but a good rotational NT that can stop the run which this defense needed help with.

6th Round - 37th Selection:

Joe Giles-Harris - 6'2' 234 - LB - Duke:

Outside of Devin White I am not excited by the LBs in this draft. However, I really like the value of Giles-Harris at this point. I think in Giles-Harris you get another very heady and instinctive LB from Duke like you have in Rey. I do think that Giles-Harris actually could be a better LB than Rey and I feel he is more athletic. Inside/out ability.

6th Round - 38th Selection:

Isaiah Johnson - 6'2" 208 - CB - Houston:

A very raw prospect with elite size, speed, length combination. Played first two collegiate seasons as a WR so to see the progress he has shown in changing positions is outstanding. It would appear that he is very coachable and has shown nothing that would make one believe that he will not continue to progress at the CB position. Played press corner and is experienced as a punt gunner which could be valuable to our special teams units.

6th Round - 40th Selection:

Dontavius Russell - 6'3" 319 - DT - Auburn:

Very powerful block eating run stuffer. If NFL coaches can get him to play with lower pad level then he could be an excellent rotational DT.

7th Round - 9th Selection:

Travis Homer - 5'10" 201 - RB - Miami:

Well it looks like just as he did at Miami that Homer gets to replace Mark Walton again. Exceptional pass protector. Nothing jumps out about the game of Homer as he is just a pretty consistent player with a pretty good all around game. Should be a nice fit in a rotation.

And there you have it and I believe everyone of these guys are actually entering the draft!
Really like this mock! I do have reservations about Risner being there in the 3rd rd though. Also I think Gaines could be a sleeper pick. Guy is country strong as an ox! I'd compare him with Kyle Williams.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Pick Simulator No Trade in the first round Mock - sandwedge - 03-27-2019, 11:49 AM