Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanspeak Challenge
Thought it would be fun to do a mock challenge on Fanspeak. Everyone interested use the same criteria and see what you come up with. The criteria I used was the following:

* 7 Rounds
* CBS Big Board
* NFL team needs
* Classic difficulty

Then draft and post your results. Here is mine...….

11: R1P11

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

The more film I watch on this kid the more I like him. I see a Willie Anderson dominance with more athleticism. I see Taylor as a day 1 plug and play RT who will be there for many years to come.

42: R2P10
G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

He is just a brute and a technician. Either plug and play at RG or C with Price moving to RG. Experience playing RT so could serve as an emergency swing player as well. Could play LG no doubt. The OL cannot be a weakness any longer. You have to run block and pass block well and these first two selections can do that.

72: R3P8
C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M

I thought I was done with the OL until I saw McCoy still there. No way could I leave him on the board. Another plug and play day 1 starter at any of the three interior OL positions. Injuries happen every single week in the NFL. Boling is not getting younger and our depth at this point....well it just is not very good. Wham helped that.

110: R4P8
LB CHASE HANSEN
UTAH

I think this kid has a chance to become a defensive weapon as a coverage LB. Former DB who is a recent conversion to the position. Still growing into the spot and has the frame to add some more mass yet keep his range and quickness. We need serious help covering backs and TEs and I believe he will be an upgrade in those areas for sure.

149: R5P11
CB ISAIAH JOHNSON
HOUSTON

You have to like the measurables on this kid. Elite size, length, and speed combination. Maybe what is more impressive is his production as a boundary CB while his first two collegiate seasons were as a WR. Shows the kid is coachable as well. I think with NFL coaching he can be a special player at the position.

183: R6P10
DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL
AUBURN

Just solid. Will be a great addition to our interior DL rotation as a run stuffing block eater. Will need to get his pad level down at the NFL level but overall just a very solid football player.

198: R6P25
WR ANTOINE WESLEY
TEXAS TECH

Not a burner but extremely polished as a route runner and can use his body very well to create opportunity. Crazy catch radius with elite ball skills.

210: R6P37
LB JOE GILES-HARRIS
DUKE

I see another Vinny Rey in Giles-Harris but with more athleticism and better coverage skills. As with Rey technically sound. Ability to be an inside/outside player at the next level. An extremely solid addition to the LB room.

211: R6P38
RB TRAVIS HOMER
MIAMI (FLA.)

Replaced Walton at Miami and will replace him here. The one thing you have to really like is his ability in pass protection. Won't wow you with anything in his game but is just a very good overall player. Decent speed, good quickness, and runs tough between the tackles. I like the kid.

213: R6P40
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

I think the NFL was extremely wrong in not offering a combine invite to this young man. He was only the nation's second leading tackler. Has virtually everything you are looking for in a three down backer in today's NFL. Yeah may need some polish and time adjusting to the competition but I believe when he cracks into a starting lineup that he is going to be there for a very long time and be very productive during that time.

223: R7P9
TE ZACH GENTRY
MICHIGAN

I was surprised to see him still available but hey since he was I could not pass the chance to take a shot on a 6'8" 260 lb pass catcher. He runs pretty well and is amazingly fluid as a route runner. Really needs to improve as a blocker if he wants to be anything more than a situational receiver and become a three down TE but blocking can be taught if you have the desire.

So there you have it let's see what you can do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fanspeak Challenge - OSUfan - 03-23-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - Bengalholic - 03-23-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - OSUfan - 03-23-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - PikesPeakUC - 03-24-2019, 02:04 AM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - SunsetBengal - 03-24-2019, 09:38 AM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - LebanonFan - 03-27-2019, 02:08 AM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - JungleRock85 - 03-27-2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - OSUfan - 03-27-2019, 03:46 PM