Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanspeak Challenge
Gave it another shot using the same criteria of original draft and ended up with the following which may actually be slightly better I think....

11: R1P11

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

I would be ecstatic if Taylor is still on the boards at 11 for the Bengals but will be shocked if he is.  However, if he is I think we are set at RT for the next 10 years as we were with Willie Anderson.

42: R2P10
LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA

All the LB discussion has prompted me to watch more film on some of these guys and I see a guy in Wilson that IMO is not far off of White whom many see as a consensus top 15 selection. Wilson is just solid and has shown some coverage ability which is what has hurt our defense for several seasons now. I think in Wilson you have a guy with the ability to man either MLB or SLB and not be a liability covering backs or TEs.

72: R3P8
C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M

It is difficult to really find any fault on the game of McCoy outside what you would expect from any player making the move from the collegiate game to the NFL, McCoy is just a solid all around lineman. I see a guy that could be a day 1 starter at C or G.

110: R4P8
G BEAU BENZSCHAWEL
WISCONSIN

While he may not end up as a starter he is a guy that is exactly what has come to be expected of Wisconsin linemen. Technicians that are well coached. Superior pass blocker but needs to gain more strength to be a force at the NFL level in run blocking. Could be that swing guy off the bench at T or G.

149: R5P11
CB ISAIAH JOHNSON
HOUSTON

I really like the upside this kid brings to the table. First two collegiate seasons were are a WR so he is still learning the position but has shown promise as a boundary CB. Elite size, speed, length combination. Has shown that he takes coaching with his transition to a new position. Should really benefit from NFL coaching.

183: R6P10
DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL
AUBURN

Would be thrilled to get Russell here. Just a solid all around DT that should fit perfectly in our D line rotation. Block eating run stuffer which is what we have been missing.

198: R6P25
LB JOE GILES-HARRIS
DUKE

Like our other Duke LB Vinny Rey just a good all around backer however probably even more athletic with better cover skills. I really like the new tandem we would have in Wilson and Giles-Harris. I see a couple of LBs that could serve this franchise well for many seasons to come. If they can get Jefferson up to speed then this unit could be a strength for sure. 

210: R6P37
TE ZACH GENTRY
MICHIGAN

Not a physical blocker but a good receiver that should be a matchup nightmare. What a target he should be in the redzone.

211: R6P38
OT PAUL ADAMS
MISSOURI

Adams has shown the ability to handle the SEC rushers and has pretty good feet. T/G backup that may be able to start at RT for extended periods if needed.

213: R6P40
WR JAZZ FERGUSON
NORTHWESTERN STATE

Raw prospect that has shown great body control with legit speed to go with his elite size. Certainly will need some polish on his route running but outstanding upside. 

223: R7P9
G DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

OT at the collegiate level could probably play OT at the NFL level in an emergency but a guy that could be very successful moving inside to G. Needs to work on pad level but has the measurables to be a successful NFL lineman.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fanspeak Challenge - OSUfan - 03-23-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - Bengalholic - 03-23-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - OSUfan - 03-23-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - PikesPeakUC - 03-24-2019, 02:04 AM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - SunsetBengal - 03-24-2019, 09:38 AM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - LebanonFan - 03-27-2019, 02:08 AM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - JungleRock85 - 03-27-2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Fanspeak Challenge - OSUfan - 03-27-2019, 03:46 PM