Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popping joints and senovial fluid
I know, odd topic (sexual jokes aside) but we know that noisy joints, popping knuckles and so on are associated with buildup of senovial fluid and the release of gases and so on and that it's pretty harmless and may actually be beneficial to most of us. So then why does it seem so much easier to pop certain joints as we get older and at the same time most of us develop joint pain, arthritis and so on as we age? This seems counter intuitive .
To me it would seem that with age popping joints would be much less frequent since our joints wear down with age, but I'm 60 now and have never found it easier to pop different joints in more places in my body.
I'm what most folks might consider a chronic joint popper. I often wake up cracking joints, fingers, knees, toes, etc., and have counted up to 74 different and distinct joints I can pop with probably even more since often I'll pop multiple joints at once in my spine and ankles so rapidly they're hard to count. It would seem to me with all this noise coming from my joints I'm falling apart at the seams and I have quite a bit of arthritis except for the joints the easiest to pop.. 
So what  then is the connection? Why is it easier to pop joints as I age instead of the other way around? Wouldn't it make much more sense that joints would be increasingly more difficult to pop as I age? Instead I'm constantly popping joints and find new joints to pop almost every few months. 
I'm sure there's some kind of statistical record somewhere of the most joints anyone can pop..I've never found such a record .
Something else I've noticed it that the more pain medication I take the easier it is to pop more joints at once  .. I haven't found anything online to connect that, but I'm not the only person to notice it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Popping joints and senovial fluid - grampahol - 03-26-2019, 04:09 AM