Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Does Your Ideal 1st Round Look Like?
(03-28-2019, 02:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This would have been an easy question if Marvin was still here, but it's tougher with him not around.  Reason being is that we know that a rookie isn't going to unseat a veteran.

That being said, I look at guys that I would love to have - a right tackle, upgrade at G, LB...  In Marvins camp, these guys wouldn't see significant playing time.

I have a hard time thinking that they go OT in round 1 anymore (or even O-line) since they have put money into Hart and Miller.  Price is young and will be given every opportunity to build on his play prior to getting hurt.  I think a lineman rides the bench all year.

That brings me to the obvious choice - linebacker.  I think this is in play since they can rotate guys, but with Vigil and Brown, how much do they put a rookie on the field?  As far as I'm concerned just 3rd down to play the pass would be worth the pick.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind Ed Oliver if he's there as he is an immediate rotational piece.  I also would be ok with an edge rusher or TE - if it was Hockenson.

If I was a fan of a normal team, things would be much different, but I want to see the guy we draft get on the field and make a difference.

Wilkins or Oliver if the Bengals go DT at 11.  Wilkins is going to be a beast in the NFL.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Does Your Ideal 1st Round Look Like? - psychdoctor - 03-28-2019, 06:41 PM