Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ?
(03-30-2019, 03:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Well personally I find White to be extremely overrated and I believe much of his draft position is due to what could be. I have been watching a lot of film on him and cannot say I have walked away from it highly impressed. Yep he is still learning the position which is all the more reason why he may be getting overdrafted.

I am not onboard with Bush at all and I believe he will be overmatched in coverage duties in the NFL.

I also think our young LBs may not be as bad as some think and I believe they will improve greatly under better group coaching. These young guys actually check many of the boxes that you want checked when it comes to the modern day LB in a 4-3 scheme. I also think you can sure up a defense that has coverage deficiencies with LBs by scheming differently and using other positions in hybrid roles.

I notice you do not mention Jefferson. Why is that? Have you written him off after a single rookie season?

Why does a starting LB have to come in the first round?

When I read your 1st 2 paragraphs I was thinking of Jefferson. Ideally he would develop into a starter.

Other teams land starting LB's in other rounds. I think it goes back to what TB said though and that's relying on lower round picks as starters IS risky.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ? - THE PISTONS - 03-30-2019, 05:53 PM