Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-28-2019, 04:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would say the Bengals will keep Hart at least through the 2nd year of his deal because that's what they do, but they did just release Burfict with two years left on his deal. So I guess it's possible.

I've lost optimism a long time ago though haha.

(03-28-2019, 04:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If past experience is any indication I highly doubt they will cut him. They may set up contracts now and then that they could get out of but how often do they actually cut guys who don’t live up to their salary? In fact, I believe one of their selling points in negotiations is that they almost never do so players are more likely to see all of their money if they sign with us than with another team for more money but end up getting cut after a year or two.

That’s why I cringed at the 3 years. I would feel a bit better if it were an actual one year deal. At least then I can dream about improving the next year

Oh believe me, I know. I said in the post he'd likely end up being here all three years. But who knows? They have done strange things before (Giving Antonio Bryant 8 mil to hang out in the spring and training camp). I'm just desperately trying to look at whatever small bright side there is out of a garbage move and situation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing - Ravage - 03-28-2019, 04:42 PM