Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of living another 30 years?
It might be really dicey by then. Antibiotic and fungicide resistance is rapidly vanishing. The folks who study these things are saying tough luck if you get a bacterial or fungal infection by then. They've evolved to the point that modern antibiotics are basically useless against many strains already and by 2050 millions upon millions are likely to die from everyday infections ...again.  Whatdaya mean again? Well, before the advent of penicillin people routinely died from minor scrapes and bumps, but now there are even worse infectious bugs and they're growing stronger. We, as a society (world) have pretty much screwed the pooch with overuse of antibiotics and fungicides.
I don't care too much for alarmist news, but this isn't alarmist. If anything it's been swept under the carpet for profits. So...my solution? Stop going to doctors unless you're absolutely on your last legs and about to die in the next few hours.. I guess..and stop eating food as well. It's all doused with antibiotics and fungicides to make the problem much worse than ever imagined.. In other words, prepare to die. You WILL eventually die in any case..It just might be sooner than you previously expected..
 https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/06/health/drug-resistant-candida-auris.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
The good news? There isn't any other than typhoid fever has only killed about 3800 people lately..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Thinking of living another 30 years? - grampahol - 04-07-2019, 10:34 AM