Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals history of making lemonade out of lemons
(04-09-2019, 08:33 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Case Keenum may have been their 3rd stringer, but he also had starting experience in the league and was even then probably better than most teams backup QB. Since then, Minnesota has spent quite a bit of money on the position and they took a step backwards.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we'll never know. All I'm saying is that he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire yet.

I also think it would be pretty hard for a coach to do better than Lewis did with the 2015 team, even if it ultimately left a very bitter taste in our mouths.. I put a lot of the blame for the playoff loss on Marvin's shoulders, but at the same time he had an AJ McCarron-led team leading a heavily favored Steelers team with minutes left to play, and I think that does count for something.

The Steelers team was only heavily favored because they were going against Marvin in the playoffs. They had one of the worst passing defenses in the league in '15.

Honestly, as much of a letdown that '15 team was, the '13 was just as much of one against a bad Chargers team.

Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Matt Schaub.... those aren't Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees. Should done more. A potential big string of seasons squandered.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals history of making lemonade out of lemons - TheLeonardLeap - 04-09-2019, 08:48 PM