Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Bengals two biggest HOLES and your 1st & 2nd round choices to fill them
(04-17-2019, 02:44 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, that's a big no on Andre Dillard.  I want no part of that garbage.  Wonderful lateral movement and athleticism and ability to mirror are all great things, but he's still weak and skinny in the run game.  Been down that road pretty recently, I think.  It was with a guy named Cedric, and he's a big reason why our offensive line is still trash 4 years into it being rebuilt.

Hopefully this team learned it's lesson on taking power forwards instead of offensive linemen.  

Taylor's offense in LA was predicated on a run game and employed two big, nasty OTs.  Our offense needs to run through Mixon first andd foremost.  That's the way to go.  The way not to go is a ballerina who still needs to find his man strength getting put up against guys like Myles Garrett for the next five years.  

A guy like Dillard in 2 is a bit easier to digest, but blowing the 11th pick on a developmental prospect when we've already learned that lesson very recently is a mistake.  I'd rather grab a Cajuste or Howard in 2 or 3 if you're going to put a OT on a succession plan.

Former NFL GM Charlie Casserly has Andre Dillard as a Top 10 pick and considers him to be the Top Left Tackle prospect.

Casserly won a SuperBowl as a GM, found a few of the HOGS offensive lineman as a Scout & was the Assistant General Manager during two other Super Bowl wins plus another Super Bowl appearance with Washington.

I trust his judgement on Offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name Bengals two biggest HOLES and your 1st & 2nd round choices to fill them - depthchart - 04-17-2019, 03:00 PM