Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hypothetical Trade AJ Draft
I ran it a number of times until Haskins fell to me at #11, but this scenario would play out after offering AJ Green to the NY Jets for Derron Lee and swapping #1 picks. The Jets also owe the Bengals a conditional 2nd round pick next year that could drop as low as a 4th rounder if AJ doesn't meet pretty easy targets for games and performance.

Although it says I took Haskins at #11, assume I took him at #3.

Round 1 Pick 11: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St. (B+)

Has at least a year to develop in Taylor's system before being forced to start. Great field vision, incredible arm...our QB for the next decade.

Round 2 Pick 10: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State (B-)

A mauler of a RT that needs some coaching to bring out his full potential.

Round 3 Pick 8: Andy Isabella, WR, Massachusetts (B+)

Burner that would move Boyd to the outside as he would take over slot duties. Tough as nails, phone booth quick, and a reliable quick-separation target. Wes Welker, only faster.

Round 4 Pick 8: Dontavius Russell, DT, Auburn (C+)

I like him because of his ability to play NT but can still generate a pass rush. So often, it is one or the other in a 4 man front.

Round 5 Pick 11: David Long Jr, ILB/OLB, West Virginia (A)

Couldn't pass up the idea of him and Lee on the field together in nickel.

Round 6 Pick 10: Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio St. (A+)

Super high ceiling that had a run of bad luck at OSU. Will push Dre to start if he falters.

Round 6 Pick 25: John Cominsky, DE, University of Charleston (A+)

Sam Hubbard 2.0. Need another versatile DE with MJs departure.

Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Tony Pollard, WR/RB, Memphis (A+)

Swiss Army Knife of a RB. Outstanding receiver out of the backfield. Very skilled route runner. Rex Burkhead 2.0 and has a LOT of tread left on the tires.

Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia (A-)

Outstanding blocking TE that has some ability as a receiver.

Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Yosuah Nijman, OG, Virginia Tech (A-)

Big boy with massive frame and outstanding strength at the point of attack. If he can be coached up on pass sets, he could be a diamond in the rough.

Round 7 Pick 9: Preston Williams, WR, Colorado St. (A+)

Had an off-field issue that really caused him to drop....First round talent if he can keep his head together, which is exactly what he did the last season.

So, despite everyone's certainty that this offense will be dead in the water without Green, I would really like this draft, plus the ability to sign some key FAs with the money saved on not having Green and Dalton earn a combined $50 million per year. Oh, and we have an additional second rounder next year, and when Dalton is not re-signed two years later, he will yield a 3rd. Also, if Haskins shows he is ready after this next season, Dalton could be traded to a QB-desperate team.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Hypothetical Trade AJ Draft - SHRacerX - 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM