Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hypothetical Trade AJ Draft
(04-12-2019, 01:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: OBJ is 26 and is the prime of his career.  AJ is on the downside of his career and has injury concerns.  The reason for the Brown and Thomas comparison was that they are similar players around the same age. 

We honestly have no idea what Dalton will do in Taylor's offense.  Drafting a QB in the 1st pretty much says that no matter how well he plays, he's gone in 2 years.  Trading AJ and drafting a QB also immediately means rebuild while the Bengals are trying to sell the fans on a young, unproven coach.  Plus, the next 2 years appear to be better QB classes.

Agreed about OBJ’s age vs. Green, but he is also a head case and has been a headache for his team. He also got a LOTmore in return than what I was proposing.

It isn’t just signaling a rebuild. It would be improving the team with a tremendous difference in cap space and, possibly, QB talent. And if Dalton has an MVP-type season, you could reap those rewards and just let Haskins learn behind him another year.

Look at what KC did with drafting Mahommes when they had an established QB already.

I just can’t help but think the Bengals would be more competitive with this trade and I think they could become very competitive in just one year. Move Boyd outside, draft a guy like Isabella too play slot and next year, go after some key FA and see what we can do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Hypothetical Trade AJ Draft - SHRacerX - 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM
RE: The Hypothetical Trade AJ Draft - SHRacerX - 04-13-2019, 10:39 AM